Your tenants, your responsibility
As a Landlord, you have a long list of things you need to do. How high on that list is keeping your tenants safe from Fire and Carbon Monoxide (CO)?
In England & Scotland Landlords’ must fit Smoke and CO Alarms in their tenanted properties by law. In Wales & Northern Ireland Landlords’ have a Duty of Care to the people living in their property. Ignore this and you could get a fine, sent to prison or even worse have the death of a person on your conscience.
The answer’s simple – fit Smoke & CO alarms.
But how do you do this?
Our Landlord's Guide to Smoke and Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarms will tell you all you need to know, including:
• What the legal requirements are for landlords
• What types of alarms should be fitted
• Where alarms should be fitted
• Best Practice and British Standards
• How to interlink/connect alarms
• How to maintain alarms