Overview of the role
An opportunity has arisen in an industry leading company.
Reporting to the Finance Manager. The successful candidate will play a key role within our fast-paced Finance team.
This role is suited to a team player comfortable operating within a busy environment working as part of a team in processing a range of transactional accounting tasks and general administration duties.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
• Support the administration of the company’s Sage ERP System
• Assist in recording and controlling accounts payable and accounts receivable financial transactions
• Understand, investigate and respond to accounts queries from internal contacts and departments
• Liaise with external customers, suppliers and other third parties, predominantly by phone and mail, to resolve queries (with suitable authorisation)
• Raise sales invoices and credit notes
• Assist the accounts department in working to the appropriate deadlines
• General administration duties, to include copying/scanning, filing, incoming and outgoing post etc.
• Other accounting duties that are deemed appropriate by management in accordance with the apprenticeship and personal development
• Attend AAT workshops and undertake activities as necessary to complete apprenticeship standard in line with agreed objectives and timescales
• Time management
• Workload management
The successful applicant will be:
• Self-motivated with a desire to succeed
• Punctual and reliable
• Able to prioritise and work to deadlines and other time pressures
• Organised and methodical with high levels of attention to detail
• A good communicator, able to digest and relay information verbally and in writing
What we are looking for in you:
• Passion and enthusiasm; able to embrace change and take pride in your work
• Team player with a positive attitude who will support colleagues to achieve our shared vision
• To be open and honest whilst being respectful and genuine with yourself and your colleagues, creating a trusting working environment
• Must take responsibility for own actions, delivering on promises and leading by example at every level of the business
• Be able to work collaboratively, sharing your knowledge whilst being open-minded, learning from your mistakes, and speaking up when you need help
• Interested in making a difference to the communities we serve, sharing best practice and educating to create a better understanding of fire life safety
The successful applicant should have achieved at least a grade C/4 in GCSE or equivalent maths and English. Any IT qualifications or general IT competence e.g., the use of Microsoft packages will be advantageous.
It is hoped that the successful applicant will continue to work on a permanent basis with Aico following completion of the apprenticeship (this will be dependent upon performance throughout the duration of the apprenticeship programme).
If it transpires that continued employment with Aico is not the preferred option, the training, experience and qualifications gained throughout the apprenticeship will stand the apprentice in very good stead to gain future employment.
Things to consider
This vacancy is being managed by SBC Training on behalf of this company. By submitting your application, you are consenting to allow SBC Training and Aico to contact you in connection with your application. Your details will not be shared with third parties.
To find out more about this role please contact Tiffany Walsgrove at SBC Training via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01743 454810.