Overview of role
An exciting new opportunity to join the UK’s leading fire and gas detection business involved at the forefront of technology. The successful applicant will be trained to play an active part in the provision of technical support to internal and external customers.
We are looking for someone to join our growing Technical/IT Support team. The role will be split between providing day to day IoT asset operations management and monitoring, and coordinating asset deployments with engineers on the ground as well as providing first line support to users.
Summary of the role:
- Be the primary point of contact for customers with technical questions.
- Developing core electrical skills and knowledge for supporting Aico’s wide range of products.
- Develop an excellent understanding of our IoT platform, Aico products, and the benefits they offer.
- Coordinate deployments with onsite technical teams and provide real-time support.
- Record, analyse and communicate data at the appropriate level using the organisation’s standard tools and processes to all stakeholders within the responsibility of the job role.
- Develop a strong understanding of legislative frameworks that impact on the markets that Aico serve.
- Work with colleagues across all departments in providing first class service to all stakeholders.
- Take an active role in the growth of the team, updating our tools and processes as required.
- Keep up to date with the latest hardware and technology developments in the IoT/smart home sector.
- Assist in training both stakeholders and customers on products/services.
- To work across all internal and external departments in the development of end to end technical specification support requirements.
- To be able to demonstrate theoretical installation skills and knowledge that can be utilised both through specification and through theory application.
Essential Technical Skills
- Experience working with CRM/Help Desk software.
- The ability to efficiently diagnose problems and coordinate an appropriate response.
- Highly computer literate, you should feel comfortable diagnosing and resolving IT issues.
- A knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, SSL, HTTP).
- The ability to quickly learn new skills and become familiar with new technologies.
- Passionate about continuous learning of new technologies.
- The ability to understand complex data, data visualisations and to extract meaning from such.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Experience of working on a WiFi/IoT related product.
- Experience of working with electrical devices.
- Knowledge of cloud based computing (aws, azure, gcp etc).
- Knowledge of SQL.
What we are looking for in you:
- Passion and enthusiasm; able to embrace change and take pride in your work.
- Team player with a positive attitude who will support colleagues to achieve our shared vision.
- To be open and honest whilst being respectful and genuine with yourself and your colleagues, creating a trusting working environment.
- Must take responsibility for own actions, delivering on promises and leading by example at every level of the business.
- Be able to work collaboratively, sharing your knowledge whilst being open minded, learning from your mistakes and speaking up when you need help.
- Interested in making a difference to the communities we serve, sharing best practice and educating to create a better understanding of fire life safety.
To find out more about this role please contact Andy Speake via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01691 664100.
To apply please send your C.V. and a covering letter to email@example.com