Overview of the role
An opportunity has arisen in an industry leading company.
Reporting to the Finance Manager. The successful candidate will play a key role within our fast-paced Finance team.
This role is suited to a team player comfortable operating within a busy environment working as part of a team in processing a range of transactional accounting tasks and assisting with the production of monthly accounts and management information.
Key duties include, but are not limited to
• Minimum qualification – AAT qualified or have a relevant degree in accountancy or finance.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, with an excellent eye for detail
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Can adapt quickly and effectively to change
• Ability to autonomously plan and prioritise workload
• Strong analytical skills
• The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to resolve queries
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft office 365
• Must be highly proficient in the use of excel, comfortable in the use of advanced functions to analyse large amounts of data.
• Prior experience and a good understanding of database reporting and other business intelligence tools. A basic understanding of SQL would be advantageous
• Will need to be very IT literate and able to communicate with internal and external IT resources
• An excellent and confident telephone manner and communication skills are vital.
• Able to work well independently and as part of a dynamic fast-paced team
• Must be able to reliably commute to our offices
• Must have a clean (or near clean) driving licence
• Will be required to work outside of core hours at times to meet deadlines
What we’re looking for in you:
• Passion and enthusiasm; able to embrace change and take pride in your work
• Team player with a positive attitude who will support colleagues to achieve our shared vision
• To be open and honest whilst being respectful and genuine with yourself and your colleagues, creating a trusting working environment
• Must take responsibility for own actions, delivering on promises and leading by example at every level of the business
• Be able to work collaboratively, sharing your knowledge whilst being open-minded, learning from your mistakes, and speaking up when you need help
• Interested in making a difference to the communities we serve, sharing best practice and educating to create a better understanding of fire life safety
To find out more about this role please contact Ian Watman
via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01691 664100.
To apply please send your C.V. and a covering letter to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive sufficient applicants.