- Posted 13 May 2021
- Management Accountant
- Competitive salary
Overview of the role
An opportunity has arisen in an industry leading company.
Reporting to the Finance Manager. The successful candidate will play a key role within our fast-paced Finance team.
This role is suited to a team player comfortable operating within a busy environment working as part of a team in processing a range of transactional accounting tasks and assisting with the production of monthly accounts and management information.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Production of monthly management accounts and management information reports
- Investigate and explain variances to prior reporting periods and budgets
- Fixed assets, depreciation, accruals and prepayments
- Daily bank reconciliation and monthly cash flow analysis
- Prepare and submit VAT, Intrastat and statistical returns
- Annual audit preparation and support
- Transactional accounting duties; processing and payment of supplier invoices, reconciling and allocating customer payments
- Customer and supplier query resolution
- Ad-hoc analysis, reporting and project tasks as required to finance manager and senior management team
- Minimum qualification – AAT qualified or have a relevant degree in accountancy or finance.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with an excellent eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Can adapt quickly and effectively to change
- Ability to autonomously plan and prioritise workload
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to resolve queries
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office 365
- Must be highly proficient in the use of excel, comfortable in the use of advanced functions to analyse large amounts of data.
- Prior experience and a good understanding of database reporting and other business intelligence tools. A basic understanding of SQL would be advantageous
- Will need to be very IT literate and able to communicate with internal and external IT resources
- An excellent and confident telephone manner and communication skills are vital.
- Able to work well independently and as part of a dynamic fast-paced team
- Must be able to reliably commute to our offices
- Must have a clean (or near clean) driving licence
- Will be required to work outside of core hours at times to meet deadlines
What we’re looking for in you:
- Passion and enthusiasm; able to embrace change and take pride in your work
- Team player with a positive attitude who will support colleagues to achieve our shared vision
- To be open and honest whilst being respectful and genuine with yourself and your colleagues, creating a trusting working environment
- Must take responsibility for own actions, delivering on promises and leading by example at every level of the business
- Be able to work collaboratively, sharing your knowledge whilst being open-minded, learning from your mistakes, and speaking up when you need help
- Interested in making a difference to the communities we serve, sharing best practice and educating to create a better understanding of fire life safety
To find out more about this role please contact Ian Watman via e-mail email@example.com or telephone 01691 664100.
To apply please send your C.V. and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th May 2021.
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive sufficient applicants.