Regional Specification Manager – Central London
- Posted 28 Aug 2019
- Central London
- Regional Specification Manager
- Competitive salary
Driven but able to take direction with a questioning outlook and a clear focus on the short, medium and long term objectives of a region. A quick thinker with the ability to plan effectively to maximise time in field. Trustworthy, resourceful, energetic, determined and comfortable in working from own initiative. Open communicator, able to accept new ideas, see things from the other person’s point of view and challenge the status quo. Well presented and business like, equally comfortable in face to face sales situations or in making presentations to groups of customers. Keen to make a difference by bringing energy to the business.
You will need to be resident in the territory and able to work hours dictated by the position. Must have clean (or near clean) driving licence (no disqualifications).
Specific Job Skills:
Good sales track record in a similar industry role developing business with a technical based product in a specification environment. Able to demonstrate good knowledge of the territory and of achieving or surpassing sales targets. Experience of managing electrical wholesalers or selling via distribution. Focused on territory planning, business development, growth and profitability.
Must be competent in the use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access or similar database to an advanced level. Must have good experience in IT especially in the use of remote reporting, data acquisition and email.
Literacy and Numeracy:
Able to understand and analyse business performance reports and must be able to make sound judgements based on their interpretation.
Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Must be able to identify contacts and be able to gain appointments using the telephone.
Experience in managing a geographical territory and reporting regularly to colleagues and management on every aspect of business and customer development.
List of Duties:
Includes but not limited to the following;
- Promote, sell and support Aico products within the designated geographical territory.
- Achieve specification of Aico products on Local Authority, Housing Association and other specifier projects.
- Visit Electrical Contractors, Local Authorities, Housing Associations, Architects, New Build/Developers, M & E Contractors, Fire & Rescue Services, MOD and any other potential user of Aico products on a regular basis.
- Organise Centre of Excellence events for Aico customers and take part in national events and product launches.
- Effectively manage the Aico supply chain calling on end clients, contractors and the distribution channels they use.
- Conduct Expert Installer training on Aico products with electrical contractors to teach compliance with legislation and standards.
- Provide first line support for customers by giving advice and support on the application of Aico products.
- Provide accurate reports on progress within the territory and compile precise visit reports and contact records on the company’s sales database.
- Provide intelligence, pricing, brochures, leaflets and information on competitors.
- Attend regular regional and national sales meetings and participate in all discussions on sales and business related topics.
- Attend annual sales conference and provide input to budget, sales strategy, customer development, new products and business growth/improvement.
- Attend technical and sales training sessions as requested by the Company.