Apprentice Customer Service Practitioner
- Posted 13 Jan 2020
- Oswestry, Shropshire
- Apprentice Customer Service Practitioner
- Competitive salary
Brief overview of the role
An exciting new opportunity to join the UK’s leading fire and Carbon Monoxide protection company, leading the way in home life safety. The successful applicant will be trained to play an active part in the Internal Sales Team.
9th January 2021
Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Self-motivated with a desire to succeed
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines and other time pressures
- Organised and methodical with high levels of attention to detail
- A good communicator, able to digest and relay information verbally and in writing
The successful applicant should be numerate with a good grasp of the English language and will preferably have achieved a grade C/4 in GCSE or equivalent in maths and English.
Any IT qualifications or general IT competence eg: the use of Microsoft packages or Sage will be advantageous.
List of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing external and internal customers with a market-leading service.
- Processing orders electronically.
- Providing support to the Sales Office Manager when required.
- Undertaking general office administration such as answering the phone and dealing with enquiries.
- Providing administration support eg: sending emails to clients.
- Record handling using our CRM system.
- Digitising client records.
- Data entry and report generation.
- Working with other departments to ensure smooth transitions of customer service between departments.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and the successful applicant may be required to undertake additional duties as required.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Passion and enthusiasm; able to embrace change and take pride in your work
- Team player with a positive attitude who will support colleagues to achieve our shared vision
- To be open and honest whilst being respectful and genuine with yourself and your colleagues, creating a trusting working environment
- Must take responsibility for own actions, delivering on promises and leading by example at every level of the business
- Be able to work collaboratively, sharing your knowledge whilst being open-minded, learning from your mistakes, and speaking up when you need help
- Interested in making a difference to the communities we serve, sharing best practice and educating to create a better understanding of fire life safety
It is hoped that the successful applicant will continue to work permanently with Aico
following completion of the apprenticeship (this will be dependent upon performance throughout the duration of the apprenticeship programme).
If continued employment with Aico is not the preferred option, the training, experience, and qualifications gained throughout the apprenticeship will stand the apprentice in very
good stead to gain future employment.
Things to consider
This vacancy is being managed by SBC Training on behalf of this company. By submitting your application, you are consenting to allow SBC Training and Aico to contact you in connection with your application. Your details will not be shared with third parties.
Questions for candidates
- Please explain why you think you would be the best choice for the position of Customer Service Apprentice at Aico.
- Please explain why you are interested in a customer service role and outline any experience that you have had.
Training to be provided
The successful applicant will work towards the Intermediate Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard which is made up of a combination of qualifications:
Functional Skills in English, maths, and ICT will be embedded into the apprenticeship at the appropriate level. Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) – generic skills that are essential to life, learning and work, are integrated into the apprenticeship.
The successful applicant:
Will spend most of the time working with the employer, gaining valuable experience and
contributing to the administrative function, whilst working in a support role for existing staff.
Will be required to attend a series of training workshops and will be paid the usual hourly rate for attending, as this forms an important part of the apprenticeship. May also be required to undertake any other training as deemed appropriate by the employer.