Apprentice Warehouse Operative
- Posted 27 May 2021
- Apprentice Warehouse Operative
- Competitive salary
Brief overview of the role
An exciting new opportunity to join the UK’s leading fire and Carbon Monoxide protection company, leading the way in home life safety. The successful applicant will play a key role as part of the warehouse operation team and will be working in collaboration with the whole team to process orders and ensure customers receive their products in a perfect and timely condition.
11th June 2021
Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Open minded
- Physically capable
- Good numeracy and literacy
5 GCSE’s grade A/9 – C/4 ideally including Mathematics & English.
List of Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities to include the following;
- Picking/packing orders for customers
- Goods in management – processing deliveries and stock organisation
- Product loading and unloading
- Stock taking
- Inbound & outbound quality check
- Labelling and preparation of products
- Warehouse organisation
- Operation of Aico warehouse systems
- Work with team members to effectively complete assigned tasks
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas
- Other tasks as required by Warehouse Manager
Please note, this list is not fully extensive, and the successful applicant may be required to undertake additional activities as deemed appropriate to the role.
*It is a physical role and the ability to stand for long periods, regularly lifting and maintaining communication are key skill’s to work in this lively atmosphere*
What we’re looking for in you
- Passion and enthusiasm; able to embrace change and take pride in your work
- Team player with a positive attitude who will support colleagues to achieve our shared vision
- To be open and honest whilst being respectful and genuine with yourself and your colleagues, creating a trusting working environment
- Must take responsibility for own actions, delivering on promises and leading by example at every level of the business
- Be able to work collaboratively, sharing your knowledge whilst being open-minded, learning from your mistakes, and speaking up when you need help
- Interested in making a difference to the communities we serve, sharing best practice and educating to create a better understanding of fire life safety
It is hoped that the successful applicant will continue to work permanently with Aico following completion of the apprenticeship (this will be dependent upon performance throughout the duration of the apprenticeship programme).
If continued employment with Aico is not the preferred option, the training, experience, and qualifications gained throughout the apprenticeship will stand the apprentice in very good stead to gain future employment.
Things to consider
This vacancy is being managed by SBC Training on behalf of this company. By submitting your application, you are consenting to allow SBC Training and Aico to contact you in connection with your application. Your details will not be shared with third parties.
Training to be provided
- The successful applicant will complete the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard. This apprenticeship is designed for Warehouse Operatives working in the goods in and out sector
- The successful applicant will be supported to become skilled and competent in core skills and knowledge
- The apprenticeship can be supplemented by the completion of the level 2 Certificate in Warehouse and Storage Skills
- End point assessment will take place at month 13 after 12 months of support to develop the successful applicant into a skilled Warehouse Operative
- The successful applicant will also complete Functional Skills at level 1 and progress onto level 2
The successful applicant
Will spend most of the time working with the employer, gaining valuable experience and contributing to the administrative function, whilst working in a support role for existing staff.
Will be required to attend a series of training workshops and will be paid the usual hourly rate for attending, as this forms an important part of the apprenticeship. May also be required to undertake any other training as deemed appropriate by the employer.