Overview of the role
An exciting new opportunity to join the UK’s leading fire and Carbon Monoxide protection company, leading the way in home life safety. The successful applicant will be trained to play an active part in the marketing team.
This list is not extensive, the successful applicant may be required to undertake additional responsibilities as deemed appropriate by management.
- Able to commute reliably to the office or remote client locations and to work hours required to meet the demands of the role outside the norm on occasion when required
- Must have a clean (or near clean) driving licence
- Self-motivated with a desire to succeed
- Interested in Creative Design, Writing and Marketing
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines and other time pressures
- Organised and methodical with high levels of attention to detail
Specific Job Skills
Marketing/Copywriting background and experience preferable, ideally supported by formal marketing qualifications from a recognised body (e.g. CIM).
Must have excellent IT competency and computer literacy, particularly in the use of the following:
- Microsoft Office 2000 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Email marketing software (e.g. Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey, ClickDimensions)
- Social media and management platforms (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite)
Must be competent in the use of the internet for research and data acquisition.
Literacy and Numeracy
Excellent literacy and numeracy are required. Must be able to manage project costs to work to a set budget. Results-driven, able to analyse, and understand ROI.
Preferable to have experience in all marketing elements. Must be able to understand the features and benefits of our products and be able to translate into effective marketing campaigns and content. Must be able to analyse company information and use it to shape marketing activity. Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator and be able to communicate effectively to both internal and external customers along with external design agencies.
List of Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in all marketing activities as part of the marketing team
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns per the overall marketing plan and objectives
- Planning, design, production, and analysis of the impact of the following:
- Exhibitions and Events
- PR (Press releases, Articles, Blogs, and Case studies)
- POS and Merchandise
- Social Media
- Internal documentation
- Video and Animation
- Promotion of Aico products and technologies through external events, industry events at the Centre of Excellence and Aico’s Mobile Training and Demonstration Units
- Ongoing management and recording of spend against the marketing budget
- Work with and manage external agencies
- Production and issue of internal company presentations
- Work with other departments to ensure consistency of design and message across all Aico material
What we’re looking for in you:
- Passion and enthusiasm; able to embrace change and take pride in your work
- Team player with a positive attitude who will support colleagues to achieve our shared vision
- To be open and honest whilst being respectful and genuine with yourself and your colleagues, creating a trusting working environment
- Must take responsibility for own actions, delivering on promises and leading by example at every level of the business
- Be able to work collaboratively, sharing your knowledge whilst being open-minded, learning from your mistakes, and speaking up when you need help
- Interested in making a difference to the communities we serve, sharing best practice and educating to create a better understanding of fire life safety
To find out more about this role please contact Alex Garmston
via e-mail email@example.com or telephone 01691 664100.
To apply please send your C.V. and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org