The Ei603 Heat Alarm is activated by heat from a fire, not smoke, which makes it ideal for kitchen installations where smoke alarms are prone to nuisance alarms. The thermistor will trigger the alarm when the activation temperature of 58ºC is reached.
This battery powered alarm contains sealed in, tamper-proof lithium battery that will last for the full 10-year life of the alarm. The alarm is not powered until it is twisted on the mounting base, thus avoiding battery power consumption during storage and prior to installation.
- Supply Type: Fast Response Thermistor, triggers at 58°C
- Power Supply: 3v supplied by 10 year lithium battery with 2,000mAh capacity
- Battery Life: >10 years (normal operating conditions)
- Fixing: Fixtures supplied
- Temperature: Operating – 0°C to 40°C
- Humidity Range: 15% to 95% relative humidity (non condensing)
- Alarm: 85dB Piezoelectric horn
- Button functions: Pressing the test button tests the sensor, electronics and horn
- Indicators: Power on – Red LED flashes initially upon attachment to base. Alarm – Red LED flashes rapidly on the alarm sensing the fire and the sounder is activated
- Dimensions: 115mm(D) x 55mm(H)
- Weight: 200g
- Warranty: 5 years (limited warranty)
The 600 Series includes a range of battery powered Heat Alarms and Optical Smoke Alarms.