Ei128RBU Hard Wired Relay Module With Battery Back Up
For use with 3000, 2110e, 160e and 140RC Series alarms (and 260RC Series Carbon Monoxide alarms when using the Ei128COV cover).
- Rechargeable Lithium battery back-up.
- Volt free contacts as supplied for multiple use.
- Can be configured to switch a 230V or 24V device.
- Trunking knock-outs for easy and neat wiring.
- Additional connectors for ease of wiring.
- Continuous or pulse operation.
- Fits discreetly behind any Smoke and Heat alarm.
- 5 year guarantee.
The Ei128RBU is a Relay Module that runs on a 230V AC mains power and has built-in tamper proof Lithium cells that act as a battery back up in the event of mains failure. These rechargeable lithium cells are designed to have a 10-year life and outlast the life of the module itself, whilst providing up to 2 months of operation without mains power.
Any combination of 3000, 2110e, 160e, 140RC or 260RC Series alarms can be used (up to 12 including the Relay).
The Module is designed to fit underneath any smoke or heat alarm. However, a cover is supplied if there is a need for siting the unit remotely.
The Module has additional trunking knock outs for ease of wiring.
On receiving a signal from the alarm system, the Relay contacts will be operated causing a signal to be sent to the device to which it is connected.
The Ei128RBU can be used to switch into a range of devices, ranging from warden call systems to panel systems.
When modified for a 230V or 24V output, they can operate a range of different devices.
The Module can be switched to give a pulse output, or continuous output for different applications. The pulse output will switch back the Relay contacts to their original state after 5 seconds operation.
- The Relay is designed to operate whilst the alarm system is sounding, to signal devices such as panels, warden call systems, nurse call systems etc. When any of the interconnected alarms sound the signal will cause the relay contacts to switch.
- The Relay runs on 230V AC mains power, and has built in tamper proof Lithium cells that act as a battery back up in the event of mains failure. These rechargeable Lithium cells are designed to have a 10 year life and outlast the life of the module itself, whilst providing up to 2 months of operation without mains power. It operates on receipt of a signal form the interconnect line of a smoke, heat or CO alarm.
- Volt-free contacts – (Normally Open or Normally Closed) rated up to 240V AC / 5 Amps, making it suitable for use with a wide range of AC or DC voltages.
- Any combination of 3000, 2110e, 160e, 140RC or 260RC smoke, heat or CO alarms can be interconnected to a maximum of 12 units in total (1 x Ei128RBU counts as one unit).
- The Ei128RBU is designed for siting under one of the smoke/heat alarms listed above. However, a cover is supplied if installing remotely or with 260 series CO alarms.
- More than one Relay can be used in a set of interconnected alarms on the condition that no more than 12 units are used in the system (1 x Ei128RBU counts as one unit).
- Fitted with a 4 way connector block for ease of wiring.
- The Relay can be set for continuous or pulse operation through a manual switch, when in pulse operation mode, the Relay contacts will automatically switch back to their original state after 5 seconds.
- Features 3 x 25mm trunking knockouts for surface wiring and centre knockout for recess wiring.
- Dimensions of unit: 135mm diameter x 20mm depth.
- Weight inclusive of packaging: 265g.
- Manufactured in Ireland.
Complete your fire, smoke, and carbon monoxide alarm network with our range of life-saving external devices.