Ei408 RadioLINK Switched Input Module
This module triggers the alarms in a system if an external device is activated, such as a sprinkler system.
- 10-year life, sealed in lithium cell
- Connects with the alarm system using RadioLINK wireless interconnection technology
- Connects wirelessly with all other Aico wireless interconnection products
The Ei408 is powered by a tamper proof, sealed in lithium cell giving a completely wire free installation with a 10-year life.
The unit uses RadioLINK to wirelessly interconnect with the rest of the alarm system, so once in place you will need to House Code the switch into the alarm system.
On receiving a volt-free switched hardwired signal, the unit will transmit a RadioLINK alarm signal. The indicator will flash green every 40 seconds to indicate that the lithium cell power supply is healthy. If the lithium cells are depleted, the indicator will flash amber every 10 seconds and the unit needs replacing.
- For use with 140RC when using an Ei168Rc RadioLINK base, 160e when using and Ei100MRF RadioLINK + module, Ei3000 series when using an EI3000MRF SmartLINK module or any RadioLINK enabled CO alarms.
- Eliminates the need for any cabling between the Ei408 and the smoke, heat and CO alarms used in the system.
- Features built-in tamper proof FDK Lithium cells, capable of lasting at least 10 years under normal usage. Operating the yellow ‘on/off’ switch sited on the back of the unit activates the cells. The LED on the front cover will flash red, amber, green on power up, after this it will flash green every 40 seconds to indicate a healthy power supply.
- Low battery warning signal – LED indicator flashes amber every 10 seconds to indicate depleted battery. If this occurs the complete unit should be replaced.
- The unit has built-in wiring terminals for connection to an external set of volt-free switched contacts. On the contacts closing, the Ei408 will send out a RadioLINK alarm signal to trigger all other RadioLINK devices within the system.
- Radio frequency: 868 MHz Band in accordance with R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC – this band has been designated for use with security products and only allows a 1% duty cycle, so continuous transmission and interference from external sources is extremely remote and would be illegal.
- Range: The type of building will be the major limiting factor e.g., the number and type of walls/ceilings that the radio signal must pass through. As a guide, 30m should be the maximum distance between any of the RadioLINK units in the system.
- Up to 20 RadioLINK units can be used in one system. Range will be the limiting factor.
- Units are in ‘Factory Code’ mode when received (they will all communicate with each other). They must be ‘House Coded’ to eliminate the risk of adjacent properties communicating with each other. After ‘House Coding’ they will only communicate with other RadioLINK units coded at the same time.
- House Code: Operate the ‘House Code’ switch on all RadioLINK units in the system – see the instructions supplied with other RadioLINK units being used. The green LED on the cover of the Ei428 will change to red and flash slowly, this indicates that it will receive the unique serial numbers being sent by all other RadioLINK units in ‘House Code’. The number of flashes of the LED indicates the number of units in the system,
- The Ei428 will return to normal standby mode automatically after 15 minutes. Pressing the ‘House Code’ switch again will return it to normal standby immediately.
The Ei408 is conformant to EN300220-1 (2000-09) (RF Performance) and EN301489-3 (2002-08) (EMC).
- Designed for surface mounting.
- Ambient Temperature Range: 4°C to 40°C.
- Humidity Range: 0 to 90% relative humidity.
- Dimensions: 90mm x 90mm x 43mm. Weight inclusive of packaging: 240g.
- 5-year guarantee.
- Manufactured in Ireland.
Complete your fire, smoke, and carbon monoxide alarm network with our range of life-saving external devices.