Ei428 RadioLINK Relay Module
Complete your fire, smoke, and carbon monoxide alarm network with our range of life-saving external devices.The Ei428 is a mains powered relay module that triggers external devices, such as a strobe light or telecare device, if the alarms in the property activate.
- Mains powered with rechargeable lithium back-up
- Easy to install with additional trunking knock outs easi-fit base footprint
- Connects wirelessly with all other Aico wireless interconnection products
For use with 140RC when using an Ei168Rc RadioLINK base, 160e when using and Ei100MRF RadioLINK + module, Ei3000 series when using an EI3000MRF SmartLINK module or any RadioLINK enabled Carbon Monoxide alarms.
The module has additional trunking knock outs to make as easy to install as possible and is designed to fit underneath the space of easi-fit or RadioLINK base. However, a cover Ei128COV is available if needed and contains a set of volt-free contacts as standard.
The replay module can be configured to give a 230V output or a 24V output using an external 24V supply.
On receiving a RadioLINK signal from one of the alarms in the system, the relay contacts will be operated causing a signal to be sent to the system to which it is connected.
The indicator on the cover will show a constant green light when the mains power is connected.
- A relay module with cover to allow flexibility in siting.
- For use with 140RC when using an Ei168Rc RadioLINK base, 160e when using and Ei100MRF RadioLINK + module, Ei3000 series when using an EI3000MRF SmartLINK module or any RadioLINK enabled CO alarms.
- Eliminates the need for any cabling between the Ei428 and the smoke, heat and CO alarms used in the system.
- Requires 230V AC Mains Power Supply – Green LED to indicate mains power is present.
- Features built-in tamper proof Rechargeable Vanadium Pentoxide lithium standby cells, capable of lasting at least 10 years and powering the module initially for at least 2 months in the event of mains power failure. The cell manufacturer endorses a minimum 10-year life expectation for the rechargeable cells, which are activated by operating the battery switch inside the module.
- The product is CE marked to indicate conformance to BS EN 60065:1998 (Electrical Safety), EN300220-1 V1.3.1 (2000-09) (RF Performance), EN301489 V1.4.1 (2002 08) (EMC) and has been 3rd party tested for electrical safety in accordance with Annex K of BS 5446: Pt.1:2000.
- Radio frequency: 868 MHz Band in accordance with R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC – this band has been designated for use with security products and only allows a 1% duty cycle, so continuous transmission and interference form external sources is extremely remote, and would be illegal.
- Range: The type of building will be the major limiting factor e.g. the number and type of walls/ceilings that the radio signal has to pass through. As a guide, 30m should be the maximum distance between any of the RadioLINK units in the system.
- Up to 20 RadioLINK units can be used in one system. Range will be the limiting factor.
- Low back-up warning signal – LED indicator flashes RED every 10 seconds to indicate that the lithium cells are depleted.
- Units are in ‘Factory Code’ mode when received (they will all communicate with each other). They must be ‘House Coded’ to eliminate the risk of adjacent properties communicating with each other. After ‘House Coding’ they will only communicate with other RadioLINK units coded at the same time.
- House Code: Operate the ‘House Code’ switch on all RadioLINK units in the system – see the instructions supplied with other RadioLINK units being used. The green LED on the cover of the Ei428 will change to red and flash slowly, this indicates that it will receive the unique serial numbers being sent by all other RadioLINK units in ‘House Code’. The number of flashes of the LED indicates the number of units in the system, The Ei428 will return to normal standby mode automatically after 15 minutes. Pressing the ‘House Code’ switch again will return it to normal standby immediately.
- Volt free contacts – (Normally Open or Normally Closed) rated up to 240V AC / 5 Amps, making it suitable for use with a wide range of AC or DC voltages. The relay contacts operate on mains power, or on back-up cells in the event of mains failure.
- A RadioLINK Manual Call Point, Ei407 and remote control switches Ei450, Ei412 and Ei411H are also available for use in the system. See separate specification sheet(s) for further information.
- Features 1 x 25mm trunking for for surface wiring and centre knockout for recess wiring.
- Ambient Temperature Range: 4°C to 40°C.
- Humidity Range: 0 to 90% relative humidity.
- Dimensions: 140mm diameter x 27mm depth, weight inclusive of packaging: 220g.
- 5-year guarantee.
- Manufactured in Ireland.
Complete your fire, smoke, and carbon monoxide alarm network with our range of life-saving external devices.