Ei146RC Optical Smoke Alarm
The Ei146RC Optical Smoke Alarm is a mains powered alarm, which features an easi-fit base and a large capacity, proven optical sensor chamber.
- Mains powered with 9V Alkaline battery back-up
- easi-fit base for quick and simple installation
- 10-year life
- Large capacity, proven optical sensor chamber
- Built-in mesh screen to reduce insect and dust contamination
- Add an Ei168RC RadioLINK base for wireless interconnection
- Compatible with other Aico mains powered devices
The Ei146RC Optical Smoke Alarm is a mains-powered alarm with a 9V Alkaline battery back-up and contains a large, proven optical smoke chamber.
As this alarm contains a 9V Alkaline battery back-up, this battery will need changing over the course of its 10-year life.
Different alarms sensors work best at detecting different types of fire and so should be sited in appropriate rooms throughout a property. Optical alarms are best at detecting slow, smouldering fire which are commonly caused by sofas or electrical fires.
The Ei146RC is suitable for: Hallways, Landing, Livings Room, Dining Room
By fitting an Optical alarm in these areas, you are less likely to get nuisance alarms, especially if the alarm is located close to the Kitchen.
The alarm is supplied with an easi-fit base to make it quick and simple to install.
As with the rest of the 140RC Series alarm the Ei146RC Optical alarm can be interconnected with other alarms and accessories through hard wire connection or, for less mess and disruption, by RadioLINK wireless interconnection.
- Sensor Type: Optical.
- Supply Voltage: 230V AC, 50Hz.
- Battery Back-up: 9V Alkaline Replaceable.
- Sound Level: 85dB(A) at 3m.
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C.
- Humidity Range: 15% to 95% relative humidity.
- Button Test: Simulates the effect of smoke and checks chamber, electronics and horn.
- Self Test: Smoke chamber is automatically tested every 40 seconds and unit beeps (without red LED flash) if it is degraded.
- Insect Screen: Prevents insects or debris entering chamber (1.00mm mesh size).
- Plastic Material: UL94VO flame retardant.
- Dimensions – Product: 150mm dia. x 55mm
- Dimensions – Boxed: 155mm x 155mm x 65mm
- Weight: 325g (product only), 410g (boxed)
- Guarantee: 5 years
- Approvals: BS EN 14604:2005.
The 140 Series offers a range of intelligent, mains powered Smoke and Heat Alarms with easi-fit bases for quick and simple installation.